This site is sponsored by Save Nosey NOW! Facebook group and SAVE NOSEY NOW, INC., a nonprofit corporation in the state of Florida.
The mission of SAVE NOSEY NOW, INC. is to provide education, intervention, and litigation that will ultimately lead to sanctuary for captive elephants in circuses and zoos.
This effort to help Nosey and other captive elephants had a simple beginning. In 2014, two Nosey advocates began a conversation that led to a Call-In Action for Nosey event on Facebook. They asked fellow advocates to contact the USDA and urge them to refuse licensure for Nosey’s keeper. In spite of many calls, faxes, emails, and letters, the license was granted, and so it was decided to continue the work by starting a Facebook Group. Save Nosey NOW! was born.
Since 2014, the Save Nosey NOW! Facebook group has grown to more than 2600 members. In June 2015, we organized Save Nosey NOW! We Are Her Voice, a peaceful demonstration at the USDA in Washington, DC. People from all over the country gathered to protest renewal of Liebel’s license and to urge the USDA to confiscate Nosey. In January 2016, we hosted the successful Nosey Summit, which brought together major advocacy organizations, including PETA, Animal Defenders International, the Animal Legal Defense Fund, CompassionWorks International, and In Defense of Animals, to share and strategize actions for Nosey. In July we launched Nosey’s Ad Campaign to tell her story in local newspapers where she is performing. Working with other anti-circus advocates, we have also been successful in encouraging venues to cancel Nosey’s appearances. In order to expand our impact on the lives of captive elephants, SAVE NOSEY NOW, INC. was registered as a nonprofit corporation in Florida in March 2017.
We will never give up on Nosey or other captive elephants. Our work will continue as long as any elephant is forced to perform and give rides or live an unnatural life for human entertainment. We will take all actions possible until they are free. You are welcome to join us!
How You Can Help
- DONATE to further our mission of education, intervention and litigation. Save Nosey Now, Inc., is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) charitable organization (EIN 82-0815762). Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Click on the DONATE button above to give securely through PayPal or credit card. Or contact us for other options.
- SUPPORT local and national legislation to ban all exotic animals from traveling circuses.
- DON’T GO to the zoo or patronize circuses using animals as entertainment.
- NEVER ride an elephant … anywhere in the world!
- WATCH for traveling elephants giving rides in flea markets, small carnivals, or festivals. If you see an elephant in this type of venue, please contact us ASAP. Your photos and eyewitness testimony can help!
- SHARE what you have learned about captive elephants with others and speak out against abuse. Knowledge is power!